Tuesday 8 April 2008

Shrink Plastic

The theme for this weeks challenge on Rainbow Lady's challenge blog is to use shrink plastic. I'd never used any on cards before so I had to put my thinking cap on for this one!


I used a Versafine inkpad to stamp the Magnolia tree onto the shrink plastic. It's a big stamp so I wasn't sure how much it would shrink down to or how well the details would show! I coloured the image with pencils and added a doodle border with a black permanent pen. The colours really intensified when I shrank the image and I was pleased that you can still see the details on the bark and leaves. I kept the card design really simple, just a scoreline on the front panel to open the card and two holes punched for the ribbon tie. The sentiment is a rubon by pebbles Inc.

2 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

That is such a lovely card and definitely needed nothing else. Many thanks for joining in this week
Love Cynthia x

Sammie said...

I adore the simplicity of this. Amazing what you DON"T need on a card sometimes to really allow the focal image to speak for itself.
Thanks for sharing.
SammieJay