Monday 3 March 2008

DCM challenge - I am woman

This weeks challenge at Daring Cardmakers is to make a card celebrating women/girls. We were asked not to use Tildas, Nellies or Bellas this week but to use a different feminine image.



I was a bit concerned that I wouldn't be able to take part this week as I don't have any other feminine image stamps... but then I remembered these vintage slide transparencies. I used a brad to secure them to cream card so that the images showed up clearly. They are mounted onto a piece of fibrous fabric from my altering box and then onto the tag, which was stamped with a lace background stamp using pale beige ink. Sadly, the lace background doesn't show up too well in the photo.

This was a totally different style of card for me and I really enjoyed the challenge!

8 comments:

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card and images

Alhambra Club said...

These images are great, fantastic card.

Alhambra Club said...

These images are great, fantastic card.

Anna said...

I love the vintage look of your card. Very elegant.

Sandy said...

Wow this is brilliant. So lovely.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card and well done on adapting what you already had! Lol x

Cheryl said...

Beautifully designed card! So stylish!

Kathy said...

Lovely card, I really like collage style cards, there's so much going on in them